4205 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT 84322-4205
Tel: (435) 797-5508
Fax: (435) 797-3265
Office: Old Main 421
young.kwon (at) usu.edu
Primary Research Publications
- Daehyeok Mun, Minh Le Dinh, and Young-Woo Kwon, "An Assessment of
Internet of Things Protocols for Resource-Constrained Applications," The 40th IEEE Computer Society International Conference on Computers, Software & Application (COMPSAC), 6/2016.
- Qingkai Kong, Richard Allen, Louis Schreier, and Young-Woo Kwon, "MyShake: A smartphone seismic network for earthquake early warning and beyond," Science Advances 2(2), 2/2016.
- Young-Woo Kwon, Seungwon Yang and Haeyong Chung, "Enabling Disaster Early Warning via a Configurable Data Collection Framework and Real-time Analytics," 3rd International Conference on Human-Agent Interaction (HAI 2015), 10/2015.
- Qingkai Kong, Young-Woo Kwon, Louis Schreier, Steven Allen, Richard Allen, and Jennifer Strauss, "Smartphone-based Networks for Earthquake Detection," 15th International Conference on Innovations for Community Services (I4CS 2015), 07/2015.
- Young-Woo Kwon and Eli Tilevich, "Facilitating the Implementation of Adaptive Cloud Offloading to Improve the Energy Efficiency of Mobile Applications," 2nd International Conference on Mobile Software Engineering and Systems (MOBILESoft 2015), 05/2015 (Acceptance Rate: 17%).
- Young-Woo Kwon and Eli Tilevich, "Configurable and Adaptive Middleware for Energy-Efficient Distributed Mobile Computing," 6th International Conference on Mobile Computing, Applications and Services (MobiCase 2014), 11/2014 (Acceptance Rate: 29%).
- Young-Woo Kwon and Eli Tilevich, "Constraint-Driven Dynamic Adaptation of Mobile Applications for Quality of Service," 6th International Conference on Mobile Computing, Applications and Services (MobiCase 2014), 11/2014.
- Eli Tilevich and Young-Woo Kwon, "Cloud-Based Execution to Improve the Energy Efficiency of Mobile Applications," IEEE Computer, GreenIT Column, 01/2014.
- Young-Woo Kwon and Eli Tilevich, "Cloud Refactoring: Automated Transitioning to Cloud-Based Services," Automated Software Engineering (Journal), 06/2014.
2013 and Earlier
- Young-Woo Kwon and Eli Tilevich, "Reducing the Energy Consumption of Mobile Applications Behind the Scenes," In Proc. of the 29th IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance (ICSM 2013), Eindhoven, the Netherlands, September 2013. (Acceptance Rate: 22%=36 out of 163)
- Young-Woo Kwon and Eli Tilevich, "The Impact of Distributed Programming Abstractions on Application Energy Consumption," Information and Software Technology, volume 55, issue 9, September 2013.
- Young-Woo Kwon and Eli Tilevich, "Energy-Efficient and Fault-Tolerant Distributed Mobile Execution," In Proc. of the 32nd International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2012), Macau, June 2012. (Acceptance Rate: 13%=71 out of 515)
- Young-Woo Kwon, Eli Tilevich, and William R. Cook, "Which Middleware Platform Should You Choose for Your Next Remote Service?," Service Oriented Computing and Applications, vol. 5, no. 2, June 2011.
- Young-Woo Kwon and Eli Tilevich, "A Declarative Approach to Hardening Services Against QoS Vulnerabilities," IEEE International Symposium on the Maintenance and Evolution of Service-Oriented and Cloud-Based Systems (MESOCA 2011), Co-located with the ICSM 2011, Williamsburg, VA, September 2011.
- Young-Woo Kwon, Eli Tilevich, William R. Cook, "An Assessment of Middleware Platforms for Accessing Remote Services," in Proc. of the 7th IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC 2010), Miami, FL, July 2010.
- Young-Woo Kwon, Eli Tilevich, T. Apiwattanapong, "DR-OSGi: Hardening Distributed Components," in Proc. of ACM/IFIP/USENIX 10th International Middleware Conference (Middleware 2009), Urbana, IL, December 2009. (Acceptance Rate: 17%=19 out of 111)
- Young-Woo Kwon, H. Chang, and J. Kim, "Adaptive FEC control for reliable high-speed UDP-based media transport," in Proc. of the IEEE Pacific-Rim Conference on Multimedia (PCM`2004), Tokyo, Japan, December 2004.
- Young-Woo Kwon and J. Kim, "Adaptive FEC and ARQ control for reliable high-speed UDP-based media transport," in Proc. SPIE ITCOM `2004: Multimedia Systems and Applications VII, Philadelphia, PA, October 2004
Dissertation and Thesis
- Young-Woo Kwon, "Effective Fusion and Separation of Distribution, Fault-Tolerance, and Energy-Efficiency Concerns," Ph.D. Dissertation, Virginia Tech, 07/2014.
- Young-Woo Kwon, "Adaptive High-Speed Media Transport for HD Video Streaming," M.S. Thesis, GIST (Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology), 02/2005.